This H2S Training Course will guide the participant through all aspects of H2S, from the basic properties of H2S, to information about personal protective equipment as well as operating and rescue procedures. This course will explain in detail what you need to know to remain safe around H2S, emphasize key points and test your knowledge retention after each module.
Classroom Training Content
- Working safely with Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) – What to do & not to do.
- How Hydrogen Sulphide forms & some important properties such as: flammability, toxicity, odor thresholds & vapor density
- Protection against H2S using equipment such as respirators, rescue packs & gas monitors
- Precautions to take to ensure your safety when entering an area which may contain H2S vapors
- Rescue & first aid as it applies to H2S exposure
- How to revive victims that have inhaled H2S using artificial respiration & CPR
- Key Points on H2S
Upon completion of course, participant will have the information to properly recognize, assess and control hazards that are associated with the H2S gas.
Duration & Location
Program includes both a theory and hands-on segment and may be conducted on-site at your facility or at one of our off-site training locations.
- Written examination
- Record of training report to employer
- Individual wallet certificates upon successful completion of course
Any individual who is working at one of the following locations in the Oil and Gas Industry must have H2S Alive Certification:
- Drilling Rigs
- Sour Gas Plants