Overhead Crane & Rigging Competent Operator
Overhead Crane Competent Operator Training Program is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operating testing. The program covers a broad spectrum of overhead crane operation and rigging focusing on those particular to your operation.
DAXX Safety offers an 8 hour Overhead Crane & Rigging course as well as a 40 hour Competent Operator course in Saskatchewan.
Classroom Training Content
- Current applicable legislation & guidelines
- Hazard awareness
- Basic equipment & crane design principles
- Pre-shift inspections
- Types of hardware
- Safe hoisting/operating techniques
- Occurrence/damages causes
- Internal responsibility
- Capacity ratings/load weight calculations
- Equipment applications/rigging
- Pedestrian/operator safety
- Load weight calculations
- Hitches & angles
- Hand Signals
Participants will learn how to safely and effectively operate your specific overhead crane(s), attachments and related components. This program is suitable for new and existing operators. Participants with little or no practical operating experience may require practical operator training prior to practical testing.
Duration & Location
Program includes both a theory and hands-on segment and may be conducted on-site at your facility or at one of our off-site training locations equipped with overhead, jib and gantry cranes.
- Written examination
- Record of training report to employer
- Individual wallet certificates upon successful completion of course