Asbestos Awareness will guide participants through all aspects of Asbestos, from the hazards that are associated with Asbestos to how to protect yourself with safe work practices. While concerns about asbestos are not new, previous exposure to asbestos even decades ago is contributing to an increase in worker fatalities.
Today, exposure to asbestos continues to be a significant health hazard for workers across a broad range of occupations. The goal of this course is to eliminate the likelihood of asbestos exposure and reduce worker exposure in various workplace environments and associated job tasks.
Classroom Training Content
- Uses and common types of asbestos-containing materials
- Health effects of Asbestos exposure
- Saskatchewan Health & Safety Regulations 1996
- Hazard Assessment & Control
- Air and Bulk Sampling
- Hazards associated with asbestos activities
- Quantitative Respirator Fit Testing included
Participants will learn how to assess their working environment for potential Asbestos exposure.
Duration & Location
4 Hour Asbestos Awareness is suitable for most employers and contractors with employees that work in environments including demolition, renovations, construction, confined spaces and various other service and maintenance industries where awareness training is required.
- Written Examination
- Record of training report to the employer
- Individual wallet certificates upon successful completion of course