Rigging training is designed for personnel who rig loads for lifting by overhead cranes, mobile cranes and various other lifting equipment.Operators and others working with various rigging equipment will benefit from this comprehensive safety focused course to improve knowledge and skills pertaining to various rigging techniques, associated equipment to plan and execute safe load rigging, lifting and handling.
Classroom Training Content
- Roles & Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, and Workers
- Saskatchewan Occupational Health & Safety Regulations and Industry Standards
- Rigging Equipment and Terminology
- Advanced Rigging Techniques
- Sling Angles, Calculations
- Safe Working Loads
- Load Calculations
- Center of Gravity
- Loads Ratings & Capacity Charts
- Critical Lift Planning
- Hand Signals
Participants will learn how to safely and effectively rig various types of loads in various configurations. This program is suitable for new and existing operators.
Duration & Location
8 Hour Rigging is a combination of both Theory & Practical training. This site-specific training is required to be conducted at your facility using your actual Rigging Equipment in your operating environment.
- Written Examination
- Record of training report to the employer
- Individual wallet certificates upon successful completion of course