Overhead Crane Competent Worker
Overhead Crane Competent Worker Training is a two-part program consisting of a comprehensive in-class theory session followed by practical operating testing.
This program covers a broad spectrum of overhead crane operation and rigging focusing on those particular to your operation.
Classroom Training Content
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and Industry Standards related to cranes
- Hazard Assessments
- Types of Cranes
- Crane Capacities
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Crane Operation & Pendant Controls
- Sling Angles, Calculations
- Load Estimation
- Center of Gravity
- Critical Lift Determination & Guidelines
- Lift Planning Guidelines
- Hand Signals
- Emergency Procedures
Participants will learn how to safely and effectively operate your specific overhead crane(s), attachments and related components. This program is suitable for new and existing operators.
Duration & Location
8 Hour Overhead Crane Competent Worker is a combination of both Theory & Practical training. This site specific training is required to be conducted at your facility using your actual Overhead Cranes in your operating environment.
- Written Examination
- Record of training report to the employer
- Individual wallet certificates upon successful completion of course