Safety Essentials for the Supervisor
Safety Essentials for the Supervisor training is an intense training and development course for Supervisors involved within all industries. Supervisors are required to have sufficient knowledge of all of the matters that are within the scope of their responsibility. This training covers both federal and provincial legislative requirements to enable Supervisors the current awareness, training and knowledge of Saskatchewan Provincial OHS Regulations, Roles and Responsibilities.
Classroom Training Content
Safety Essentials for the Supervisor Training incorporates the use of custom designed interactive models and visual aids which help to enhance interest and facilitate a higher comprehension level for participants.
- Safety Values, History and Understanding Loss.
- OH&S and Due Diligence within Saskatchewan OHS Provincial Regulations, 1996
- Safety Leadership
- Coaching and Motivating Employees
- Work Observations
- Hazard and Risk Assessment Process
- Workplace Inspections
- Training and Orientations
- Safety Meetings
- Incident Management
- Incident Reporting
- Documentation Requirements
Attendees will develop advanced skills in line with both Provincial and Federal Occupational Health & Safety Regulated Requirements.
Duration & Location
16 hours of classroom theory followed by written competency exam and various field exercises.
- Written examination
- Record of training report to employer
- Wallet Card Certification upon successful completion of course